THE GOALS OF MWP:
- To raise awareness about the issue of waste at McGill.
- To provide an online educational web tool to elucidate the HOLISTIC system of waste management on campus: WHO is responsible, WHAT is being done, and HOW it works systematically. (Communicated through reports, info-graphics, videos, etc).
- To develop a working group with diverse stakeholders of staff and students that can meet, cooperate, and collaborate on future projects on a monthly basis.
- To build the knowledge and relationships with which to facilitate student engagement on the issue of waste, including applied student research and campus initiatives.
- Gorilla Composting: David Morris
- SSSMU Environment: David Gray-Donald
- Reboot McGill: Daniel Ranga
- Gorilla Composting: (Mac campus) Jennifer Ashfield
- McGill Food Systems Project: Lou-Anne Daoust-Fillatrault
- MCSS Environment: Jaaved Singh
- McGill Energy Project: Marc-Etienne Brunet
- McGill Food and Dining: Amelia Brinkerkoff
- Hazardous Waste: Christian Bouchard
- MacDonald Campus Waste Management: Peter Knox
- Environment and health: Wayne Wood
- Building and Grounds: Mika Varelas, Marc Dozois
- Procurement: Kathy Zendehbad, Stephanie Leclerc
- McGill Office of Sustainability: Lilith Wyatt
THE LONG TERM:
The McGill Waste Project will facilitate applied student research opportunities, promote awareness campaigns, produce multi-media content, host events, launch waste initiatives, and continue working group meetings with stakeholders throughout the 2013-2014 school year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org